About Habitat for Humanity Tajikistan:
Habitat for Humanity Tajikistan (HFHT) is a housing development organization focused on shelter and it has developed a range of programs and projects in such strategic directions like Disaster Risk Reduction, Advocacy, Investment and Technical Assistance, WASH. Working since 1999, thanks to diversified projects and strategic partnership HFHT has been enabled to support more than 30 000 families to build, repair and renovate their homes and provided access to clean and safe drinking water for 2,500 families in rural areas. More than 5000 individuals have been trained on disaster response, construction and vocational skills, financial education and health and hygiene. Being a national representative of Habitat for Humanity International, HFHT is supported by regional and head office to build capacity, grow and operate to contribute to the global mission of eliminating poverty housing.
HFHT is currently planning to further expand its operation to Central Asia region. For this reason, organization is currently seeking to engage Desktop Researcher to learn more the context and enabling environment of these countries.
Likely duties and responsibilities of the volunteer:
- Conduct a background study of following sectors and possible program directions in CA countries:
- Housing and Energy Efficiency Micro/Finance - financial (banking/microfinance) market in the country, interest and capacity of local financial institutions (FIs) in delivering HMF, experience of FIs in lending products combined with non-financial services, willingness of FIs to invest in product development, staff training, product promotion, integration of software and other activities necessary to introduce the HMF product to the market, etc..
- Disaster Response and Preparedness – innovative technologies for safe housing, flood planning, capacity building and awareness raising both in community and institutional levels, etc..
- Sustainable/Green building - energy efficiency and smart green energy solutions in housing
- Advocacy – promoting housing rights, condominium association development, housing policies, programs and regulations, building codes, etc…
- Water & Sanitation – infrastructure, new technologies and solutions, awareness raising and capacity building, etc…
- To support other activities as needed in regards to researches